South Veterans Parkway
The South Veterans Parkway project is a partnership with the South Dakota Department of Transportation (SDDOT) and the City of Sioux Falls.
Jan. 29, 2024 Bridge Work Continues
Construction on the new bridge over 85th Street has been progressing this winter, and the remaining girders for the bridge over 85th Street have been set. The contractor is installing the bridge decking, and the concrete bridge deck is expected to be poured in April.
Click or tap on the icons to learn more about each segment of the new South Veterans Parkway.
Segment 2: I-29 to Western Avenue
Construction: 2024-2025Learn more
Segment 3: Cliff Avenue to Sycamore Avenue
Construction: 2025-2026Learn more
Segment 4: Sycamore Avenue to 57th Street
Construction: 2026-2027Learn more
What to Expect During Construction
- Construction work Monday - Saturday
- Construction materials and equipment
- Trucks hauling materials
- Noise during construction work hours
- Dust management
About the Project
When connected to the northern segment of Veterans Parkway, the additional nine miles of roadway for South Veterans Parkway will support a regional arterial road network around southeast Sioux Falls. This project — the final stage in connecting Interstate 29 with Interstate 90 — will accommodate growing transportation needs across the corridor and help prepare the greater Sioux Falls area for continued vibrant growth and development.
The first road segment from Western Avenue to Cliff Avenue is currently under construction. Design for the other three segments is simultaneously underway, beginning with design for segment two of the project, which runs from I-29 to Western Avenue. The three additional segments for South Veterans Parkway will be constructed over the following years until the corridor is completed in 2027. Learn more about each segment.
- 2021 - Environmental Planning and Design
- 2022 - Design and Real Estate Acquisition
- 2023 to 2024 - Segment 1: Western Avenue to Cliff Avenue (we are here)
- 2024 to 2025 - Segment 2: I-29 to Western Avenue
- 2025 to 2026 - Segment 3: Cliff Avenue to Sycamore Avenue
- 2026 to 2027 - Segment 4: Sycamore Avenue to 57th Street
- Increased traffic flow
- Corridor connectivity
- Accommodate public and private investment