South Veterans Parkway Library & FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
South Veterans Parkway will be a six-lane roadway that, when connected to the existing northern segment of Veterans Parkway, will serve as a regional arterial route around southeast Sioux Falls. This project is the final stage in connecting Interstate 29 with Interstate 90 and will allow for increased traffic flow and improved connectivity across the corridor to help meet future transportation needs, along with stimulating regional economic growth. The route will have a raised median separating two-way traffic traveling at 55 miles per hour and signalized intersections at approximately every mile. A shared-use path for pedestrians and cyclists will be constructed along the south and east side of the roadway and will feature crossing options along the route.
South Veterans Parkway will connect I-29 to the previously completed Veterans Parkway, which is just north of 57th Street.
The first road segment from Western Avenue to Cliff Avenue is anticipated to break ground in spring 2023. The three additional segments for South Veterans Parkway will be constructed over the following years until the corridor is completed in 2027. Design for the other three segments will also be underway. Learn more in Project Segments.
The contractor is permitted to complete construction activities between 6 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. daily.
While the project team cannot eliminate dust entirely during construction, we are regularly monitoring dust conditions and taking actions to reduce dust. Watering is a measure used to reduce dust and is included in the construction contract. Reducing dust while also maintaining progress on the project becomes difficult during hot and dry periods, and you may notice an increase in dust on windy days. The project team understands the inconveniences this may create and appreciates your patience as we work through the daily construction activity. Reducing dust while making progress on the project will continue to be a priority.
This project is funded in partnership between the South Dakota Department of Transportation (SDDOT), City of Sioux Falls, Sioux Falls Metropolitan Planning Organization, and Federal Highway Administration. The project will cost approximately $210 million.
- 2023 Finding of No Significant Impact and Section 4(f) Finding
2022 Supplemental Environmental Assessment
- Appendix A - Traffic Study - 5.8MB
- Appendix B - SD100 Access & Noise Plan - 2MB
- Appendix C - Environmental Justice Screening and Mapping - 3.8MB
- Appendix D - Visual Impact Analysis - 48.8MB
- Appendix E - Noise Study Technical Report and Addendum - 98.8MB
- Appendix F - Wetland Delineation Reports - 111MB
- Appendix G - EO 11990 Wetland Finding Supplement - 28.3MB
- Appendix H - Section 4(f) Determination - 14.1MB
- Appendix I - Regulated Materials/Contaminated Properties Survey Report - 1.9MB
- Appendix J - Agency Coordination and Public Engagement Summary - 80.3MB
- Appendix K - Summary of Public Scoping Comments - 0.2MB
- Appendix L - Section A – Environmental Commitments of Engineering Plan Sets - 0.6MB
If you need ADA accessible PDFs, please request them through our project email.